Sunday, January 18, 2009

Back to School

I am back from home where the golden sun warms my body to Southern Illinois where the bitter cold cramps my bones. I just completed 1 week of school got exposed to all my classes and I am excited. I will be graduating in August so I have started thinking about my Final project, which I want to be a performance improvement initiative. My father has a very small company that is currently experiencing a plethora of problems so I am going to see how my new knowledge can be applied to fill the gaps.

One of my courses is an Industrial Organization Psychology course titled Work Motivation and Leadership. I hope I can get some knowledge and skills from this course to help my father as a Manager as well as with his Human Resource Development. The assignments are very practical and balance between traditional quiz/test and authentic alternative assessment. One of the Assessments requires us to prepare a workshop for a group of student leaders on a selected topic. So I am super excited....I will surely keep you informed.

No comments: